To make it as easy as possible for you to find your way through the jungle of data protection regulations, this data protection declaration is divided into two parts: In the first section only the most important (1-10), followed by more detailed information in the second (11-17).
Please contact us directly at any time if we should not be able to answer all your questions with this information.
1.1 Name and address of the person responsible
The responsible person in the sense of the data protection law is that:
Institute for Swiss and International Tax Law (ISIS), Office
Seestrasse 344, CH-8038 Zurich
Do you have specific questions about how we handle your personal data? Our person responsible for data protection issues will help you.
2. purposes of the processing
We process your personal data mainly for the following purposes:
- Publication, presentation and provision of partially free or fee-based content on the subject of tax law ("platform content") on zsisand via other online channels (e.g. Linkedin, Xing, Youtube, Vimeo, Twitter or Facebook)
- Display and optimization of platform content
- Placing online advertisements and sending advertisements/offers from the Institute for Swiss and International Tax Law
- Interaction in connection with platform content
- on request, exchange (e.g. feedback form, e-mail) and/or regular information about our activities and offers (e.g. newsletter, RSS feed)
- Market research in connection with our platform
- Ensuring information security
- Accounting and administration
3. types of personal data
We process the following types of personal data:
- inventory data (e.g. names and addresses)
- Contact details (e.g. e-mail and telephone numbers)
- Content data (e.g. text entries, photos, video recordings)
- Usage data (e.g. websites visited, access times, click behaviour)
- Contract data (e.g. content purchased, payment data)
- Meta/communication data (e.g. IP addresses, device information)
4. legal basis of the processing
As a legal basis for the processing of your personal data, we regularly use this data:
- Your consent, which you can revoke at any time (e.g. to receive our newsletter or to register for a user account)
- the conclusion or fulfilment of a contract with you or your request for such a contract in advance (e.g. by obtaining content provided by us)
- a balancing of interests (e.g. to ensure information security or analysis of platform usage), which you may object to
- a legal obligation (e.g. for us to keep records), which may also be included in the weighing up of interests
5. recipient of personal data
If personal data is processed by external order processors, we ensure that the legal requirements are met. A transfer to third parties only takes place if this is necessary for the execution of the contract with you, if the transfer is permitted on the basis of a weighing of interests, if we are legally obliged to transfer the data or if you have given your consent. However, your data will never be resold.
Regular recipients of personal data may fall into the following categories:
- IT service providers (e.g. hosting providers, e-mail dispatch service providers or online tools)
- Payment service provider (PayPal, Stripe)
- Online marketing partner
6. duration of the processing
We process personal data only as long as this is necessary for the respective purpose.
If we store the data on the basis of a contractual relationship with you, this data will remain stored at least as long as the contractual relationship exists and at most as long as the limitation periods for possible claims from/against us run or statutory or contractual storage obligations exist.
7. your rights as a data subject
You have the right to be informed about the personal data we process about you. If the legal requirements are met, you are also free to request data transfer, correction, deletion or limitation of processing.
We ask for your understanding that, in the event of such concerns, we may require proof to ensure that you are the person you claim to be.
Furthermore, you are free to revoke your consent to the processing of your personal data at any time. Within the framework of the legal requirements, you also have the right to object to certain processing, for example if this is based on a weighing of interests. In particular, you have the right to object to the processing of your data in connection with direct advertising.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for this and for questions, suggestions and wishes.
8. right of appeal
You have the right to complain about our processing to a data protection supervisory authority. The supervisory authority for private individuals responsible for Switzerland is the Federal Data Protection and Information Commissioner (FDPIC) (Feldeggweg 1, 3003 Bern, Switzerland).
9. Data security
We take technical and organizational security measures to protect your personal data against manipulation, loss, destruction or access by unauthorized persons. The measures taken are intended to ensure the confidentiality and integrity of your personal data as well as the availability and resilience of our systems and services when processing your personal data in the long term. They also ensure the rapid restoration of the availability of your personal data and access to them in the event of a physical or technical incident.
Our security measures also include encryption of your personal data. All information that you enter online is transmitted via an encrypted transmission path. This means that this information should not be accessible to unauthorised third parties at any time.
Our security measures are continuously improved in line with technological developments.
10. links to websites of other providers
Our website may contain links to websites of other providers to which this data protection declaration does not extend. After clicking on the link, we no longer have any influence on the processing of any data transferred to third parties (such as the IP address or URL), as the behaviour of third parties is naturally beyond our control. We can therefore not assume any responsibility for the processing of your personal data by third parties. Insofar as the use of the websites of other providers involves the collection, processing or use of your personal data, please note the data protection information of the respective providers.
If you would like to know more, we hope to be able to support you with the following detailed information:
11. visit our platform
When you visit our websites, the servers of our web hosting provider temporarily store the following data in a log file, the so-called server log files:
- IP address of the requesting computer
- Date and time of access/retrieval
- Name and URL of the retrieved data
- Operating system of your computer and the browser you use
- Country from which you access our website
- Name of your Internet access provider
- Time zone difference to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
- Content of the request (concrete page)
- Access status/HTTP status code
- Amount of data transmitted in each case
- last visited website
- Browser settings
- Language and version of the browser software
- Activated Browser Plugins
The processing of this data is carried out by our web hosting provider Webflow, Inc. (398 11th Street, 2nd Floor, San Francisco, CA 94103) and for the purpose of enabling the use of our website (connection establishment, display of non-personalised advertisements and administration of our contact and feedback forms), to ensure system security and stability on a permanent basis, to optimise our offer and for internal statistical purposes and thus on the basis of our legitimate interests. A personal user profile is not created.
Webflow is certified under the Swiss-US and EU-US data protection agreement "Privacy Shield" and thus offers a guarantee to comply with the relevant data protection regulations: https://www.privacyshield.gov/participant?id=a2zt0000000TOjeAAGtatus=Active. Further information on data usage by Webflow is available at https://webflow.com/legal/privacy.
The HeadStarterz team (HeadStarterz GmbH, Oetlingerstrasse 35, 4057 Basel) also supports us with the content management of our platform.
You have the possibility to subscribe to our newsletter via our platform. With the newsletter we keep you informed about us and our offers. By measuring the opening and click rates, we learn to better understand what interests you. The mandatory data (*mandatory) are necessary to send you the newsletter. The voluntary communication of further data enables us to provide you with even more targeted information.
For sending the newsletter and for evaluation we use the services of MailerLite, a newsletter sending platform provided by UAB "Mailerlite". The e-mail addresses of our newsletter recipients are stored on MailerLite's servers in Lithuania. MailerLite uses this information to send and evaluate the newsletters on our behalf.
You have the possibility to unsubscribe from the newsletter at any time. You will find a link to cancel the newsletter at the end of each newsletter. To do this, click on the corresponding button in the newsletter sent to you. You can also simply send us an e-mail to email@example.com instead.
13. retrieval/reference/acquisition of platform content
You have the choice of whether you only need to enter the necessary data once for this order ("Order without account") or whether you want to create a user account ("Register"), where your personal data will be stored for later purchases. On the user account you can, among other things, view data about the content you have already received or manage your personal data. In both cases, the mandatory information (*mandatory) is required, the others are optional.
If you would like to close your user account, please send us an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. It is up to you to save your personal data in case of termination before the end of the contract. We are entitled to irretrievably delete all data stored during the term of the contract.
Within the framework of order processing, the payment service providers we use receive the necessary data for order and order processing. This is PayPal (Europe) S.à.r.l. et Cie S.C.A. (22-24 Boulevard Royal, L-2449 Luxembourg), with details of data protection at https://www.paypal.com/ch/webapps/mpp/ua/privacy-full and Stripe (Stripe Payments Europe Ltd, Block 4, Harcourt Centre, Harcourt Road, Dublin 2, Ireland), with details of data protection at: https://stripe.com/de/privacy#translation. In addition, Sendowl (Concept Den Ltd, 9th floor, 107 Cheapside, London, England, EC2V 6DN, United Kingdom) helps us to establish a secure connection to the payment providers and to ensure the purchase of platform content. The payment button, a link to Sendowl, takes the user to Sendowl. Sendowl collects information relating to transactions recorded by Sendowl or returned by the payment gateway. For more information about privacy at Sendowl, please visit https://www.sendowl.com/privacy.
14. google services
For the analysis, optimisation and economic operation of our offer we use the following services provided by Google LLC (1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA) or, if you have your habitual residence in the European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland, Google Ireland Limited (Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland) ("Google")
-Google Tag Manager
Google is certified under the Swiss-US and EU-US Privacy Shield Agreement and thus offers a guarantee that Swiss and European data protection laws are complied with. Further information in this context can be found at: https://www.privacyshield.gov/participant?id=a2zt000000001L5AAItatus=Active.
a) Google Analytics
We use the web analysis service of Google Analytics for the purpose of demand-oriented design and continuous optimization.
In this context, pseudonymised user profiles are created and cookies are used to evaluate the use of our website, to compile reports on website activities and to provide further services associated with website and Internet use. This information may also be passed on to third parties where required by law or where third parties process this data on our behalf. However, according to information provided by Google, your IP address will not be merged with other data from Google.
We only use Google Analytics with activated IP anonymisation. As a result, your IP address will be shortened by Google within Switzerland or the EEA before transmission in the USA. Only in exceptional cases is the full IP address transmitted to a Google server in the USA and shortened there.
You can prevent the storage of cookies by adjusting your browser software accordingly. However, we would like to point out that in this case you may not be able to use all functions of this website to their full extent. You can also prevent the collection of data generated by the cookie and related to your use of the website (including your IP address) and the processing of this data by Google by downloading and installing the browser plugin available under the following link: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=de.
Further information in connection with Google Analytics can be found in the Google Analytics Help: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245?hl=de.
b) Google Tag Manager
We use Google Tag Manager, a solution that allows us to manage web page tags through a single interface. The Google Tag Manager tool itself, which implements the tags, is a cookie-less domain and does not collect personal data. However, the tool will trigger other tags, which in turn may collect data. Google Tag Manager itself does not access this data. If deactivation has been made at the domain or cookie level, it will persist for all tracking tags implemented with Google Tag Manager.
For more information regarding Google Tag Manager, please see the Google Tag Manager Usage Guidelines https://www.google.com/intl/de/tagmanager/use-policy.html.
15. social plugins
We use social plugins from various social networks on our website. With the help of these plugins you can, for example, share content or recommend products to others.
We use social plugins ("Plugins") from the following social networks on our website:
- LinkedIn Inc, 2029 Stierlin Ct, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA
- Xing SE, Dammtorstrasse 30, 20354 Hamburg, Germany
- YouTube LLC, 901 Cherry Ave., San Bruno, CA 94066, USA - YouTube LLC is a subsidiary of Google Inc. "( Google )
- Vimeo LLC, 555 West 18th Street, New York, New York 10011
- Twitter Inc.,1355 Market Street, Suite 900, San Francisco, CA 94103, USA
- Facebook Inc, 1601 S. California Ave, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA
If you visit our website and one of the plugins listed on the website is activated, a direct connection is established between your browser and the server of the social network concerned. The content of the plugin is transmitted directly from the social network to the browser and integrated into the website by the browser. In this way the network receives the information that you have visited our website. If you are logged into the social network, it can associate the visit with your account. When you interact with the plugins, the corresponding information is transmitted directly from the browser to the social network and stored there.
Even if you are not logged in to the social networks while visiting our website, data can be sent to the networks from websites with active social plugins. An active plugin sets a cookie with an identifier each time the website is accessed. Since your browser sends this cookie unsolicited every time you connect to a server of the respective networks, social networks could in principle use it to create a profile of which websites the user belonging to the identifier has visited. If necessary, it would then be possible to assign this identifier to a person again later - for example, when logging into the social network later on.
You can select the "Block third-party cookies" function in your browser settings, then your browser will not send cookies to the respective social network server. With this setting, however, other cross-site functions of other providers may no longer work, apart from the plugins.
For further information on the purpose and scope of data collection and the further processing and use of your personal data, please refer to the data protection notices of the respective networks. There you will also find more detailed information on your rights in this regard and setting options for protecting your privacy and your right to object to the creation of user profiles:
16. social media presence
We maintain social media profiles on LinkedIn, Xing, Facebook and YouTube.
The data you enter on our social media profiles will be published by the social media platform and will not be used or processed by us at any time for other purposes. However, we reserve the right to delete content if this should be necessary and if it is possible for us to do so. At best, we communicate with you via the social media platform.
Be aware that the operator of the social media platform uses webtracking methods. The web tracking, which we have no influence on, can also take place regardless of whether you are logged in or registered on the social media platform.
More detailed information on data processing by the provider of the social media platform can be found in the data protection declarations of the respective provider mentioned above.
- Strictly necessary cookies: Strictly necessary cookies enable essential core functions of the website such as user login and account management. Without the absolutely necessary cookies, the website cannot be used properly.
- Performance cookies: Performance cookies collect information about how visitors use a website, such as analytics cookies. These cookies cannot be used to directly identify a specific visitor.
- Targeting cookies: Targeting cookies are used to identify visitors between different websites, e.g. content partners, banner networks. These cookies can be used by companies to profile visitor interests or serve relevant ads on other websites.
- Functional cookies: Functional cookies are used to store visitor information on the website, e.g. language, time zone, advanced content.
- Unclassified cookies: Unclassified cookies are cookies that do not belong to any of the other categories or are in the process of being classified.
You can change your consent to cookie use below.